- 07-Nov-2014 to 27-Nov-2014 (PST)
- Elmira Kitchener Waterloo, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Available after probationary period, overtime paid weekly
Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc. (ELS) provides standard and custom overhead material lifting systems and equipment on time, on budget, while exceeding the expectations of our domestic and international customers. We make difficult jobs seem easy.
Role #1: Electrical Technologist 100% of time
- Wiring and testing of electrical controls for use in the overhead lifting industry
- Provide assistance in the electrical department to meet customer needs and schedules
- Wiring motor control devices in an electrical panel
- Work with industrial control panels with 3 phase motors
- Troubleshooting electrical equipment
- Proficient in developing, testing, and troubleshooting PLC software, and HMI software.
- Able to develop software for Variable frequency drives for both conveyor and hoisting applications.
- Trouble shoot and tune DC motor controllers
- Add plugs and connectors to taglines
- Install motors and repair shop tools
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with lots of change
- Circuit design or modification and parts requisitioning
- Develop effective and inexpensive electrical and pneumatic designs as required.
- Build effective and inexpensive electrical and pneumatic designs as required.
- Ability to confidently travel to customer sites to provide field trouble-shooting, repair, service, testing and training, as required
Training Requirements/Job Qualifications:
- Interpersonal & Intrapersonal Skills
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and to change, to suit Company needs
- Be a team player
- Be self motivated and be able to motivate others
- Work independently
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- WHMIS & fall arrest training
- Follow the requirements and limitations as defined in the Ontario Electrical Code
- Driver's license and able to be insured under company insurance
- College diploma in related field
- Experience with industrial control panels with 3 phase motors an asset
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings